Further carbon monoxide alerts occured in the Devon and Cornwall area of the country. Our first story happened near the town of Helston in Cornwall where a carbon monoxide alarm potentially saved the lives of a family. This should be a wake up call to use all to have any kind of CO monitor, learn more about them here.
A FAMILY gassed last night by deadly fumes said they might have died without their carbon monoxide alarms.
They said smoke and gas from a coal-fired kitchen range had seeped unto their 6-year-old daughter's bedroom and was filling the house.
Her dad Gavin Potter said: "We would all be dead in the morning if it wasn't for the alarms.
"I might have gone in the morning and found my youngest dead – or none of us would have woken up at all.
"It's a frightening thought – but that's what we've been thinking all morning.
"I am over the moon that we're all okay."
The family with four children aged between 6 and 16 went to bed last night at their mid-terrace cottage in Farms Common, a hamlet in Wendron parish near Helston.
Read more at the original source
Around the same time in Devon a carbon monoxide detector was activated, once again potentially saving the life of the elderly resident, read the story -
Elderly woman rescued after carbon monoxide leak in Devon
Firefighters had to rescue an elderly woman from a property in Devon after a carbon monoxide alarm activated late on Monday night.
Just before 11pm crews were sent to Sparkwell Lane, Staverton.
Two fire appliance from Buckfastleigh and Ashburton were sent to a report of a domestic alarm activating in a property.
Upon arrival crews confirmed it was a carbon monoxide alarm and they removed an elderly woman from the building.
First published at this source...
Both households luckily had installed a carbon monoxide alarm which alerted them to the presence of the gas. Without one installed, these reports could have been ones of tragedy than rescue.